Caroline's Refresher salad
Makes: 1 serving Tip: This recipe is to taste.
Prep time: 20 Minutes. Sometimes I will add
Cook time: 10 Minutes more lemon juice or
less maple syrup to fit my liking.
2 Cups of mixed greens. 1 tbsp. of hemp seeds.
1/4 Cup of goji berries . 1 tbsp. of pumpkin seeds.
1 Apple. 1/2 Cup of olive oil.
2 Carrots. 1 tbsp. of dijon mustard.
4 ounces of chicken or tofu. A wee splash of Maple
1 Lemon. syrup.
Salt and pepper to taste.
1. Cut apple into small cubes.
2. Peel carrots as "ribbons".
3. Toss the mixed greens, apple, carrots, goji berries, hemp and pumpkin seeds into a medium sized salad bowl.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste on grilled chicken or tofu, then add to mix.
5. Add olive oil, dijon mustard, maple syrup, and lemon into a blender.
6. Blend until mixed
7. Drizzle onto salad.
Makes: 8 (a serving is 2) Tip: Make sure to leave the
Prep time: 5 Minutes. bacon mixture to cool
Cook time: 35 Minutes completely before placing
it onto the pastry.
Splash of olive oil. 1/2 red onion, diced
1 garlic clove 1/2 cup baby spinach
1 spring onion, finely sliced 1 egg
1 small red capsicum, finely diced 40g mozzarella cheese
160g bacon rashers, diced salt and pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped 1sheet puff pastry, thawed
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. /350 degrees F. and line a baking tray with baking paper
2. In a large non-stick frying pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, spring onion, capsicum, bacon, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, red onion and baby spinach. Cook for 6-7 minutes.
3. Transfer mixture to a plate and allow to cool.
4. In a large bowl, combine egg, cheese, cooled veggie bacon mix, salt and pepper and mix well.
5. Spoon mixture over puff pastry sheet and spread out evenly from edge to edge.
6. Roll up from one end to the other, wrapping as taightly as you can.
7. Cut the roll into 8 rounds and place onto lined baking tray.
8. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.